Interview Hints & Tips
Our Recruitment Consultants will guide you through the process of interviewing with a company, will get your feedback afterwards and also provide you with any feedback we receive from your interview.
To refresh your memory, read through the below:
- Ensure you dress appropriately for your interivew - you only get one chance to impress. If you are unsure what to wear, then please ask us.
- We will always email you confirmation of your interview time and a job description if available. If you have not received this by the day prior to your interview, then please do contact us.
- Allow yourself ample time to find the office where your interview is to be held and to locate parking.
- The perfect time to walk through the reception doors for the actual interview is no more than 10 minutes early.
- Make sure you have done some research on the company you are interviewing with and the role that you are being interviewed for. Have a look at their website and prepare a few questions that you might like to ask during the interview.
- If you are unable to attend your interview or are running late, then please contact us immediately.
- Get a good nights' sleep the night before your interview!
During the Interview
- Be polite and friendly to the person on reception. This goes a long way and is noted more than people think it is.
- Always shake their hand when you meet - a good firm handshake is always best.
- Maintain eye contact throughout the interview process.
- Be confident in who you are and the skills you have to offer.
- Sit up straight, no slouching.
- Maintain your focus throughout the interview process.
- Aim to answer all questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ask the questions you prepared above. If the interviewer answered your questions before you got a chance to answer them, don't panic. Just mention that you had questions to ask, that the interviewer answered them and that one of the examples was...
- Do not ask what the salary / wage is. This will be discussed with you by your Recruitment Consultant.
- Most of all BE YOURSELF!
- At conclusion of interview shake hands and thank them for their time.
After the Interview
- Try and make contact with your Recruitment Consultant immediately after your interview.
- Give your feedback on how you felt the interview went.
- Advise the consultant how the interview ended.